Deconstruction and Salvage Technician - Job Posting
FLSA: Non-Exempt Exempt
STATUS: Hourly Wage
REPORTS TO: Deconstruction & Salvage Supervisor
The Deconstruction and Salvage Technician works under the direction of WasteCap’s Deconstruction & Salvage Supervisor. This position will coordinate with other staff members to perform deconstruction, salvage, and warehouse related tasks. This position is hourly and non-exempt.
Execute salvage & deconstruction operations that include the following:
- Maintain working knowledge of desirable, historic, and decorative items of value.
- Perform skilled work on job sites with WasteCap staff, volunteers, or job training individuals consisting of salvaging and deconstructing materials.
- Drive organization-owned vehicles for salvaging and deconstruction pickups/drop-offs.
- Carefully ensure salvaged inventory is delivered to the warehouse in good condition. Develop procedural improvements for transport as needed.
- Maintain, repair, and clean WasteCap vehicles, tools, and equipment as needed.
- Monitor deconstruction/salvage services for efficiency, safety, and security.
- Develop procedural improvements for work-related efficiency, safety, and security.
- Practice high standards of customer service with employees, donors, and volunteers.
- Provide timely response to telephone and email inquiries.
- Help with community outreach and development of project work.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned by Executive Director.
Assist with Warehouse operations and inventory including:
- Process, clean, and prepare incoming salvaged items for the warehouse’s retail sales floor.
- Help to input new items into the inventory system.
- Document complete inventory list for each donation and project.
- Provide retail and event support where needed.
- Assist with customer material loading assistance.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Must possess and maintain a valid Wisconsin driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record
- Experience and knowledge in the salvage, deconstruction, construction and demolition industry
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Interest in solid waste management and the built industry is a must
- Excellent ability to organize work to establish and meet deadlines
- Computer proficiency including word processing, excel, and email
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands, solve problems, contribute to and work as part of a team.
- Willingness to travel and work across Wisconsin as well as out of state jobs. Some overnight travel may be required.
- OSHA 10 certification or greater is a plus.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS / WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Heavy physical activity: frequent walking/standing/lifting/carrying up to 100 pounds; some repetitive motion
- Ability to work in adverse conditions: Snow, Rain, Heat, Cold, Dust etc.
- Must have Saturday availability.
COMPENSATION: Starting hourly rate between $12.00 - $15.00 per hour.
TO APPLY: Please send your job application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application - Deconstruction and Salvage Technician.”
DEADLINE: The deadline to apply is Monday, April 30th (11:59pm CST). Applications received after this date will not be reviewed. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.