WasteCap Resource Solutions Food Waste Advisory Committee Presents:
Final Report: Food Waste to Energy and Fertilizer
Members of the WasteCap Resource Solutions Food Waste Committee who guided the pilot project study and derived the findings for this final report are:
- Steven Brachman, University of Wisconsin-Extension of Solid and Hazardous Waste Education Center
- Carol Diggelman, Ph.D., Milwaukee School of Engineering
- Michael Gitter, P.E., Racine Water & Wastewater Utilities
- Michael Keleman, In-Sink-Erator (Divison of Emerson Electric Company)
The Food Waste Committee would like to acknowledge a number of key individuals who helped to coordinate efforts of this project, for without their assistance this project would not have been possible:
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources – Cynthia Moore, Sarah Murray – for the financial support without which this project would not have been possible
- Outpost Natural Foods – Ed Senger, Tom Kneuppel, and Bob Wiroll
- Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District - Peter Topczewski, Andy Walloch, and Elizabeth Stroik
- Veolia Environmental Services - Allan Luttinen and Ed Maki
- City of Milwaukee, Plumbing Inspector’s Office – Foster Finco
- United Water Milwaukee LLC – Dennis Dineen, P.E. and Mike Link, P.E.
- WasteCap Resource Solutions – Susan Buchanan, Jenna Kunde, Alexis Stoxen, and Rob Sherman, P.E.
- In-Sink-Erator, Division of Emerson Electric Company – Bill Strutz, P.E.