WasteCap DIY: Drawer Side Table
This upcycled side table adds valuable counter space in a bathroom or serves as an end table in tight spaces. WasteCap's latest DIY with Fox6's Rachael Kaye transforms a drawer into a custom-made table ideal for a variety of spaces.
- 1 drawer
- 4 spindles
- 1 5/8" screws
- Contact paper
- Paint brush
- Compact driver
The Step by Step:
- Place one leg in a corner of the drawer and press it tightly. Drill a pilot hole through side drawer and into the leg. Follow by drilling in a screw to secure leg in place.
- Repeat step 1 with each leg.
- Once all four legs are attached, stand table up and drill a pilot hole through the top of the drawer into each leg, then add a screw to each corner.
- Now, if desired, paint each side to match the face of the drawer, as well as the top edge.
- After the paint has dried, cut contact paper to size and apply.
You can download the printable instructions here or follow along with Rachael and WasteCap's Retail Associate, Laura French.
back to blog
Welcome to the WasteCap Blog
Every week we'll share updates on our latest projects, tips & tricks on recycling, a spotlight on our favorite materials for sale, and more.