Retail Supervisor - Job Posting
STATUS: Hourly Wage
REPORTS TO: Razed & Found Operations Director
The role includes friendly/knowledgeable customer service, sales, inventory processing, merchandising materials, and staffing occasional special events. Candidates with knowledge of building materials/antiques, an outgoing personable spirit, strong physical work ethic, and ability to operate new technology are encouraged to apply.
WasteCap Resource Solutions, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Our vision to transform waste into resources is implemented through our Razed & Found division. Razed & Found is comprised of deconstruction services, DIY events, and a retail outlet that sells reclaimed building materials. Find out more at: www.razedandfound.com
2123 W. Michigan St, Suite 100, Milwaukee, WI
- Attend all scheduled shifts.
- Assist customers with locating items, answering questions, and suggesting ways to utilize materials.
- Check out customers at the register using the point-of-sale system.
- Help customers load purchased items and unload donated items that have been approved.
- Learn about building materials and the history of the items for sale.
- Help process new materials and track items in the inventory system.
- Assist with developing operational policies and procedures to increase efficiencies.
- Support telephone and email correspondence.
- Clean store and supporting areas on a regular basis.
- Perform store opening and closing duties.
- Available to work Tuesday - Saturday.
- Maximum of 40 hours per week.
- Saturdays are required.
- Facilitate tasks for volunteers and interns.
- Use hand and powered tools in a safe manner.
- Observe warehouse safety protocols including:
- Secure safe placement of large items on the store floor and processing areas.
- Be aware of hazards and follow hazard prevention plan.
- Practice safe lifting, relocation of items, and working in teams.
- Use PPE (personal protective equipment) when appropriate (gloves, goggles, protective footwear, protective headwear when required, safety vests, etc).
- Drive organization-owned vehicles for off-site events (optional).
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of building materials, architectural salvage, construction, home renovation, and antiques.
- Experience in woodworking, carpentry, and the arts are a positive
- Effective and clear communication skills.
- Willingness to learn and use new technology.
- Possess the following qualities: goal-oriented, patience, attentive, positive attitude, and tenacity.
- Excellent ability to organize work to establish and meet deadlines.
- Basic computer proficiency including word processing, excel, and email.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS / WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL EFFORT
Moderate physical activity: frequent walking/standing/lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds; some repetitive motion.
$12.00 per hour starting wage with opportunities for promotion within the organization.
Please email your job application to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Application - Retail Supervisor".
Your application should include a (1) cover letter and (2) resume. Files should be condensed into one PDF document.
DEADLINE: Friday, September 28th